Another attempt at humorously describing character tropes.
- Is either the protagonist’s best friend or a kid that somehow gets allowed to fight crime. (Terk and Tantor from Tarzan or Robin from Batman)
- Must have a sense of humor in order to be comic relief. (Pippin and Merry from Lord of the Rings)
- Must show up at the 11th hour to save the day.
- Sometimes has a romantic subplot.
- Will usually be the one to knock sense into the protagonist when the protagonist is being ridiculous. (Rhodey in Iron Man 2)
I feel like I missed something, but can’t put my finger on it…