So, I finished and I didn’t finish.
By finish, I did finish…with 30,013 words. (According to MS Word. Google Docs says 29,852)
But I didn’t finish it last night. Last night, I ended up with a headache and a queasy stomach, so I decided to call it quits around 11 and went to bed.
(Not to mention I also saw Endgame, which took up a chunk of time and feels)
This morning, however, I tackled those last few hundred words and so the first draft of Take My Hand is done.
Excerpt of the week: “Well,” she started. “Remember when I said I didn’t exactly get you an anniversary gift, like I wanted to?”
“I might have one for you after all.”
As for my writing goals for the next six months, I will attempt to:
- Figure out what’s going on with The Woodsman, because I haven’t been working on it for like a month and a half.
- Continuing sporadically outlining the other Matthews Family books and try out that two-notebook system for outlining another time, because honestly, my stories are constantly evolving in my head, and if I try to organize my outlining notes BEFORE I publish (which I still want to do)…it’s just not gonna work.
- Start outlining Finnegan’s Valley. Then start writing it when I have only half of an outline, haha.
- Write More Than A Feeling (Matthews Family #2) for Camp NaNoWriMo in July (YES I’M WRITING THEM BACKWARDS).
- Is that it? I think that’s-oh wait. The Journals of Pamela Logan. (Serial story) There’s a few other novellas I wanted to write too: Roses For Lucy, Hobgoblin, and Lilacs & Battlefields (Which happens to be a Matthews Family prequel of sorts).
As for the due blog post, it will either be posted later today or doubled-up with this week’s flash fic.
In the meantime, let the writing continue!
Tell me your thoughts below! If you participated, how did Camp NaNoWriMo go for you?