If you haven’t checked out their blog yet, DO IT. They do ALLLLLLL things fairytale related – reviews, spotlights for retellings, and the like every month for a certain fairytale, and usually, Arielle will post a prompt and they’ll invite people to join in on that!
There won’t be one this month though because for February, they’re doing ALL THE FAIRYTALES! Buuuut people will probably still be doing that anyway, since they’re, ya know, inviting folks to join in on the fun!
Anyway…on to the blog tag!
– What’s an obscure fairy tale you love?
– If you got to choose Disney’s next animated princess movie, what fairy tale would you choose to be adapted?
Joringel & Jorinde by the Brothers Grimm.
– What is the first fairy tale you remember hearing when you were a child?
I don’t know. I probably learned of them through Disney first though.
– If you were to embark on a fairy tale quest, what necessities would you pack in your bag?
Food, clothes, a map, books, notebooks, pens, a camera…
– What’s your favorite fairy tale trope?
Being a romantic, I must say True Love’s Kiss. *instantly has song from Disney’s Enchanted play in head*
– If you could be any fairy tale character archetype (the princess, the soldier, fairy godmother, talking animal, mischievous imp, wise old woman, evil stepmother/sister, etc.), who would you want to be and why?
…the child in me says princess.
– What animal/mythical creature would be your sidekick for fairy tale adventures?
My cat Gandalf.
– What is your favorite historical era, and what fairy tale would you love to see in that setting?
I’m a bit fond of the Victorian Era, ideas of romance and those big, poofy ballgowns are to blame. xD
I think I’d like to see Joringel & Jorinde in that setting.
– If you could change a fairy tale’s villain into a hero, who would you choose and why?
I don’t know.
– Do you prefer fairy tales with happy endings or sad/tragic endings? why or why not?
HAPPY. BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE. ALWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS!!
Alrighty, so there’s my answers to the blog tag.