Hey, everyone! Today is the first day of the Five Fall Favorites blog party, which will include a giveaway! So hop on your bike and come on down the trail!
A Man Called Outlaw // K.M. Weiland
First, allow me to say that, just like with Storming and Dreamlander, I totally wish this would be made into a movie!
Now, onto the rest. . .
OH. MY. GOODNESS. That’s all my reaction is right now. I caught the foreshadowing for ‘it’ at some point, but then got a bit thrown off by eye color (which I flipped back some pages to straighten out), and the ‘name’. Then when it was getting close to revealing what I suspected, I was literally shaking. When it happened, I was so excited that I shouted out, “I knew it!”
This is definitely a favorite on my shelf!
P.S. One thing I did catch was that the back cover and at one point in the book, said they were in Wyoming Territory, but then it was called Nebraska Territory twice. I did also catch maybe two typos.
Wayfarer // K.M. Weiland
Whew-whee, what a page-turner!! As of right now, I can only break my feelings down into a few points:
1. THAT ROMANCE. ESPECIALLY AT THE END. LADIES, FIND YOURSELVES A MAN LIKE WILL HARDY-AKA A MAN WHO WILL DATE YOU FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS.
2. ROSE. GUYS I LOVED HERS AND WILL’S BROTHER-SISTER RELATIONSHIP SO MUCH.
3. LIFTY AND PISH AND POSTELWAITE AND TRABB ARE THE BEST SIDE CHARACTERS EVER I WILL FIGHT ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE!!!!
5. I really hope Peggy is able to have a better life…
6. I was so right about Blue-Eyed Jem and man, was that a satisfying twist. (And on that note, why’d it seem every other person had blue eyes? Not that I have anything against blue eyes-mine are blue-but I don’t recall any green or gray or hazel or brown.
7. I WANT TO PUNCH MR. MONARCH HOW DARE HE!!!!!
8. Question: What ever happened to Henry? How’s he gonna react when he…erm…no spoilers.
The Distant Tide // Heather Day Gilbert
FINALLY. A LOVE TRIANGLE WHERE THE OTHER GUY ISN’T A BIG JERK.
Both guys were actually sweet towards Britta, but only one, of course, won her love in the end. But the other guy was cool about it. And he even-WAIT. SPOILERS.
A Song In The Night // Amanda Dykes
My word, this one was so sweet and charming! Of course, it had its fair share of angst and feels too…and THAT PLOT TWIST. Also, Mrs. Betteredge is the best. xD
5/5 to A Song In The Night! And I’ll be checking out more of Amanda Dykes’ books too!
*Since it’s part of a collection, there’s no individual cover for it. Which is a shame, because I bet it would be a lovely cover…
I’TS SO LOVELY. I LOVED IT. Amanda Dykes is becoming a favorite author for sure! To go a bit more in depth, this short story is actually a prequel to Whose Waves These Are, which I’m currently reading.
The mystery was SO GOOD. And the writing is so vivid…almost like I could step inside the story and interact with the characters, who were so vivid and real in their own right! No stiff, cardboard cutouts here!
I just wish it were longer…