Yes, I know there was already a post posted today with this same title…I forgot to finish it before it went live.
1. How’s the writing going overall?
So far, I’m up to 19,606 words!
2. What’s been the most fun aspect about writing this novel so far?
Mr. Grumpy Hermit & Nicole’s interactions. 😁
3. What do you think of your characters at this point? Who’s your favorite to write about?
Um…I love all of them (not you, Dylan) annnnd Mr. Grumpy Hermit and Nicole are probably my favs to write about.
4. Has your novel surprised you in any way?
5. Have you come across any problem areas?
Yes. I keep throwing in elements and then I leave them alone without circling back to them!
6. What’s been your biggest victory with writing this novel at this point?
Getting it written.
7. If you were transported into your novel and became any one of the characters, which one do you think you’d be? Would you take any different actions than they have?
8. Give us the first sentence or paragraph then 2 (or 3!) more favorite snippets!
Western Washington, October 1990 – “Why did you come back, Jonathan?” Susanna Gray muttered, flipping on her headlights in the midst of the sky growing darker. She shivered with the slight breeze that reached in through her cracked-open window and she rolled it back up.
“Well, that’s helpful,” she muttered sarcastically. “Alright, let’s see…usually in movies, the right path is the cheerful one and the left path is the dark, creepy one. So what’s the middle one? Boring?”
“What else am I supposed to call you? Occasionally grumpy acquaintance?”
“I can’t rest,” he said. “I’ll just…I’ll just end up thinking of it again.” He rubbed his face and even slapped himself, as if that would chase away the sleep that wanted to claim him.
9. Share an interesting tidbit about the writing process so far! (For example: Have you made any hilarious typos? Derailed from your outline? Killed off a character? Changed projects entirely? Anything you want to share!)
Well…I did start out with a somewhat different draft, but then I took what I wanted from there and picked up from there. Again. I did the same thing before camp.
10. Take us on a tour of what a normal writing day for this novel looks like. Where do you write? What time of day? Alone or with others? Is a lot of coffee (or some other drink) consumed? Do you light candles? Play music? Get distracted by social media (*cough, cough*)? Tell all!
Uh…well, I mostly write at night. I do want to start getting up earlier so I can get some words in before work…and I plan on making some vanilla chai later. I should probably grab a candle too. And a knitting project for when I’m stuck, haha.
That’s it for now! I’ll probably put up a normal update later in the week.